Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day Two

Day Two of Watching the Kids and they were both home sick. Nora was sick to her stomach last night at bedtime and again this morning - she napped most of the morning away. Aaron wasn't about to go to school when she was home, but in fact his belly was upset also.

And tonight, in the amazing manner that kids have, both are better again. Watching a Sponge Bob movie. Steph said they didn't need another movie and I told her I got it more for me. She was skeptical, but oh, I did. The trip to Target was good too. Peace reigns.

At lunch time they wanted chicken noodle soup, which I didn't have. I did have some chicken stock in the freezer, so I heated that and threw in some lasagna noodles that I cut up once they were cooked. Held my breath. Both pronouned it great, and Nora had two small bowls, the first she'd eaten in 24 hours.

My soup didn't have homemade noodles, but I can remember my grandmother making them. Every now and then she'd make lots. Spread a sheet on the unused beds and put the noodles on top to dry and dry. There was a time when I did make noodles in small batches, then gave it up when the frozen ones came long. And then forgot about them.

I'm enjoying the book Make the Bread, Buy the Butter. What to make from scratch and what to buy, based on taste, cost, hassle. Lots of recipes. Including one for pasta. Maybe I'll try again.

No comments: