Monday, July 11, 2011

Tooth Fairy Pillow

For a couple of months a year, it's too hot upstairs most of the day for sewing. Doesn't mean that I can't move a Viking downstairs, and I'll probably do that. But yesterday I was thinking about this Singer that's been in my attic. I had given it to Sarah once when she talked about learning to sew, but she never really got into it. Maybe because I didn't get her a very good machine. Could be.

Anyway, I'd loaned it to a friend a couple of years ago and she brought it back saying that it wasn't working right. I was a little skeptical about that, but didn't want to put the time into actually checking it out and into the attic it went. I got it out yesterday and sure enough, it works just like it's supposed to. It has a 1/4" piecing foot and a walking foot, so I may use it a little, but it isn't happy quilting over seams pressed to one side, basically six layers plus batting.

I used it for this little tooth fairy pillow for Nora. We were looking through 101 Patchwork and Quilts Projects by Quilting Arts and I told her I'd been thinking about making it for her. She liked that idea and said her tooth had been loose for several weeks. I wasn't so sure about that, and sure enough, her mom said it's nice and tight, but that Nora's trying to wish it loose.


The picture in the magazine showed a tooth stitched on the pillow, but in the absence of loose teeth, I left that off so she can use it for other treasures in the meantime. 5" x 10", quilted on top.



No comments: