Wednesday, July 6, 2011

1,000th Post

It's been almost four years ago that I started this blog, pre-Aaron and post- (but just barely) my move to Northern Kentucky. One thousand posts ago. About 250/year, which means I'm posting more days than not. I remember well that feeling of posting for the first time, the strangeness of it, and the vulnerable feeling. Now I love it, and have found an added benefit that I didn't expect, of writing the family story, visits, kid milestones, holidays - complete with photos.

To celebrate my 1,000th post, I'm doing a give-away, this little digital camera bag. Densely quilted, zippered, with batting and flannel lining to protect your camera. Leave a comment by 6 p.m. Saturday evening and I'll be doing a random drawing and announcing the winner on Sunday.











9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have loved watching your evolution as an artist and blogger, Connie! Congrats on your 1000th=) Keep it going <3
jess

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Nice bag, Connie! I just purchased a refurbished digital camera from Meijer Online that would fit nicely in that bag. I enjoy your blogs, for I can keep up with my friend and what she's doing. Congratulations! Take care!

Betsy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post. I have enjoyed seeing your journey unfold.
Sarah

Julie H said...

Hi Connie, I didn't know you had a blog until I just saw your post on facebook...I am supposed to be packing to leave for NC but just took a quick look through some of your posts. I always knew you were talented but you have made some beautiful things! I will be back to look some more but off to pack right now...

Julie

Bev P said...

1,000 posts! Doesn't seem possible since you just moved north, um, a few weeks ago... Starting my vacation tomorrow, but thinking of you and your beautiful home, family, yard, and artwork. Peace and love, Bev

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie, so many times I've looked & intended to comment, then hurried away thinking I'd do it a little later, but didn't many times! I've told you though, how very much I do enjoy your blog ! At times it's just what I need, it gives me a lift & a smile on my face, especially the family featured ones ! You & your creations are amazing !
Janice

Anonymous said...

Love Your blog and look forward to seeing it..and 1,000 more!
Tina

Carrye said...

Love your blog. Besides your artistic talent of working with fibers/fabrics, you are a talented writer. I look forward to reading many more of your posts.