Friday, July 1, 2011

Little Brother

Nora's T-ball games, for Aaron, aren't all about t-ball. Aren't anything about T-ball, actually, except maybe for a mention of "the field." No, it's all about the bleachers, and all about the snacks.



And all about whatever "hiking" there may be close by. This little guy is all about trails and rocks and trees. Even Nora's home run didn't interest him. In the end, he and I went to the Amelia "Old MacDonald's" for dinner and play.



On a different note, yesterday morning I started cutting down some overgrown brush on one side of my lot. I kind of knew there was an iron railing somewhere in the brush, but as I kept cutting I realized that there was a set of steps on my neighbor's side. I asked him if it was ok if I cut down the brush beside the steps and he said ok. There were actually some bushes growing out of the steps - it's probably been years since they've been visible. They're really kind of charming in a rustic sort of way. I've reclaimed about five feet of yard in that area plus have something different to look at. It's a very shady area - I'm thinking about impatiens. Bet I can find some on sale and Miracle Grow them into a nice bed before frost.






No comments: