Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nine Blocks

Months ago (maybe even 18) my friend Carrye passed out packets of donated fabric at our quilt guild so that interested members could make quilts for service women in the rehab center at Fort Thomas. Of course, I've felt a little guilty ever since because my quilt remained unstarted.

There were two very dark green fabrics in my packet, which will go on the back, and two light lime greens and a light turquoise. Rather than work with only the donated fabrics, I decided to work with the donated colors and mix them in with my stash, making each block different. And now I have nine blocks, and I'm not even thinking about how many I might need, I'd rather just peacefully go on my way, adding blocks from time to time, mixing this project in with my others, knowing that it will be done at the right time.

It's important for me to work in a spirit of peacefulness and healing for a woman who will be needing just that. Most of these women have post-traumatic stress syndrome and the idea of having healing art on a bed seems so comforting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice thoughts
- Sarah