Saturday, July 30, 2011

Review

Not much creativity going on this past week (or more.) Way too much energy spent on cars.com. Somehow it can't be both with me, creativity and digging in the details, brain all weary with trying to figure it all out. But still, a few moments to review.


Last night I went to Art After Dark at the Cold Spring library branch, where there was a very nice but very short show. Here's my friend Carrye (sorry your eyes were shut) in front of some of her fiber art work, she got the display cases right inside the front door.

On Wednesday I quilted happily all day with a group of friends, which helped things along. Much quilting added to the water quilt banner, this is actually the back. All that's left now is to stitch down the sleeve.

And quilting done on fabric to cut apart to make a couple of little digital camera bags.

Two, but only two, blocks done yesterday for the lady vet quilt.

And more quilting added to the previously-thought-of-as-finished president's challenge for my quilt guild. A couple of straight pieces just weren't laying flat enough and got some parallel quilting. And now I think they needed that anyway to contrast with all the curves.




This morning I ordered an 8 x 10 of a picture taken last fall at the Cincinnati Nature Center. I've had it in mind for a quilt ever since then. Nora and Aaron walking down a boardwalk beside a lake, lots of fall color even though it was the first weekend in November. The last lovely warm Sunday of the year.








No comments: