Tuesday, May 4, 2010

UFO

I am such a fan of UFO's and have a box of them. All that work, then maybe I was just tired of it. Maybe I couldn't figure out where to go next. Maybe I was disappointed with how it was going.

But sometimes there's something in that box that's just waiting for the perfect time. I did the fireworks for a Quilt University class, then couldn't get it nice and square and didn't know what to do with it. It was done on Timtex, with a pieced background and fireworks made with embroidery threads. I recently got some Mary Ellen's Best Press, which was just the thing to wet the piece and steam it into shape.

My quilt guild is having a place mat challenge this month, so all I had to do was put on the borders, make the quilt sandwich, do minimal stitch in the ditch, and bind it. Easy, but there's a lot of work in the piece and I won't be reluctant to show it.

And now I have something to help me decorate for the seasons, which was one of my goals for this year. I love UFO's.

No comments: