Saturday, May 15, 2010

Friday Fill-In # 176

Friday Fill-Ins, on Saturday morning.

1. I just had the sweetest sleep with grandguy Aaron in my bed. He snores just a little, kicks just a little, murmers just a little, dreamy reminders that he is the sweetest little two-year-old ever. Before bed we sat on my porch, listening to the Friday fireworks by the river, enjoying the May evening. Last night it was hot when we went to bed and all the windows were open and the breeze was blowing. Awesome.

2. Few times of the year are as pretty as this weekend is. The grass is still green, the peonies will soon be blooming, the lavender has buds, gardens are going in. I have big plans to work in my front yard on Monday, putting in a new and huge garden bed for veggies and flowers. I like the mix of both.

3. The third sentence on the seventh page of the book I'm reading is "In my dream I am swimming to the moon." From The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry. I finished it this morning but will go back and read it again because it's one of those books with a great plot that weaves throughout and I missed too many of the little clues.

4. I was looking at a craft magazine this morning and the idea of using recycled wool for bags tickles my fancy. A trip to the thrift store is coming. And I have a jacket of pink wool that I've worn maybe once. It was super cheap at the end of winter, but I'm just not a pink jacket person. I could be a pink bag person, though.

5. I was walking along the river, looking at the houses on Millionnaire Row, checking out the bronze statues along the street, and I was reminded of Steph's wedding day. That's where she had her wedding pictures taken, with the river in the background. It was a gorgeous September day and I felt like I'd just stepped into a dream.

6. The morning after the party makes me laugh. Several bottles of opened wine, plates and forks with leftover birthday cake, glasses with the remains of red cows (red pop and vanilla ice cream,) and three pizza boxes. It was a fun impromptu birthday party for Sarah, who came yesterday with Winnie on one of her popcorn visits to town. We're going to a wedding later this afternoon.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight (Friday) I'm going to pick up pizza and veggie sandwiches for the party, tomorrow my plans include a lovely spring day of getting ready then attending the wedding in a park overlooking the river, and Sunday I want to just marvel at it all.

Happy weekend, everyone.

No comments: