Tuesday, May 11, 2010

In the Studios

You never know what you'll find in the studio. When I visited a friend's yesterday, I found a tub of baby chicks, 8 days old and ready to go outside. It was cold yesterday, though, so my friend was keeping them inside just a little longer. Her studio was pretty incredible, on the second floor of her house, lots of windows, lots and lots of fabric nicely pressed and stacked by color.


I like my studie too, and I like Nora's new little dress that's hanging there. About half the squares had been sitting on the sewing table for about a year, and it was finally time to cut the rest and put the dress together. It's an Indygo Junction pattern. I appreciate Indygo Junction because their patterns have the casual look I like plus their kid patterns grow nicely with the child. This one will probably last at least a couple of years, with the long skirt getting shorter and the straps let down. I have a feeling that for slender little Nora the top will need to be made a little smaller - we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nora will love the dress ! I do ! U got that whipped up right away ! Great !!!
Janice