Friday Fill-Ins on this Halloween morning. Answers are in bold.
1. My favorite food seasoning is vanilla. I like it in baked things but I also like it as a scent in my house. It always reminds me of something warm and comforting.
2. The chatter of my grandkids is music to my ears. Nora always has a lot to say, and it's fun to hear what's going on in an almost-four-year-old mind. And the other evening Aaron went on and on, in whole sentences, I'm sure, I just don't know what he was saying.
3. Lucky is a state of mind. But having said that, lucky is finding money in a coat pocket, finding a long sleeve t-shirt forgotten over the summer, not having the tomatoes freeze, having your quilt fit together just right, and picking out a great cd at the library. I like to pick out something I've never heard of before just to see if I like it.
4. My health is something I take very seriously. It's on my mind because I had my physical about a month ago and am doing the follow-up tests. And as I get older, there are more tests. So far, the results are pretty good, and I'm happy about that.
5. Many people are getting tired of political commercials, especially the put-down ones. I find the local races interesting - it's my first big election here. Every night when I get home there are fliers, note pads, door hangers waiting for me. There are lots of signs in yards, but almost all of them are for local candidates.
6. A cake mix was the last thing I bought at the store. Every Friday at work there is a group of sewers who meet, and I'm in charge of getting the snack. Usually I opt for something healthy, but it's been a long time since we've had a fun holiday so I made a cake this morning. I'm a big fan of icing in the tub, and that will go on as soon as the cake is cool, along with a sprinkling of candy corn.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I plan to pass out trick-or-treat candy. We don't have a lot of kids who brave the hill to get to my street, but it will be a warm evening to sit outside and light the pumpkins. After that, I'm babysitting so Steph and Mike can go to a party. Tomorrow my plans include working, and Sunday I want to go to church in the morning, then stop at the conservatory. It's been ages since I've been there.
Happy Halloween Friday, everyone.