Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Fill-In # 92

Today's postcard, from the fabric for Nora's smock

Friday Fill-Ins. Here we go - answers are in bold.

1. October is when I really notice the shorter days. When I get up, it's dark and I just want to get back under the covers. Often, I do. It's not nearly such a temptation during the summer.

2. Rodents and birds in enclosed spaces scare me. I'm so grateful that Mike fixed the squirrel access into my attic and I don't hear the scurrying around any more. Yesterday Bridget was telling me a story about having a raccoon in her attic. That's even worse, I can't imagine.

3. Leaves are falling all around, it's time to mulch with the mower so I won't have to rake. And bag.

4. My favorite horror movie is none of them because they scare me. I could have used this answer for # 4. When I was a kid I rarely saw movies and when I did I'd get over stimulated and really scared by the witch or the scary animal or the boat crash or whatever. Some of that has carried over.

5. Celebrations = good memories. Holidays, weddings, relatives coming in from Indiana, birthdays, all of them.

6. It was a dark and stormy night, the wind was howling and the rain was beating against the windows. The people around Cincinnati were holding their collective breath that the power would not go out again, leaving them in the dark again, even worse this time since it's colder and darker.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm planning to either go out with co-workers or head for my studio, depending on how plans work out, tomorrow my plans include working, and Sunday I want to go to church, then make strides on Aaron's frog costume.

Happy Friday, everyone.

5 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Oh, your answers are good! Please come visit to see my Friday fill-ins. I have a book giveaway too!
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/

In addition, take a look at the Blue Jay (Blue Monday) button on my sidebar; I just KNOW that you'd like that meme.

JO said...

enjoy your weekend!

here's mine. thanks!

Jane said...

Love this postcard and so sweetly sentimental... love these Fridays for finding out about you, LOL

threesidesofcrazy said...

I just did #3. Have a great weekend.

Janet said...

awwww, I bet that frog costume will be adorable!

Thanks for playing, have a great weekend :-)