Sunday, October 19, 2008

Don't Know What It Is

Evel Knievel costume on the way

Sarah's costume is cut out, although I don't have a clue what the fabric is. Since it takes a lot, and since it is a costume, after all, I went to the big box store and got a shiny white fabric of undetermined origin for $1 per yard. I don't sew a lot with shiny things, so I don't have an idea of what it could be.

It's shiny like satin, which was a prerequisite. I've learned in the cutting that it doesn't ravel, which makes me very happy. It's thick enough that I can use it for the decorative stars. It melts a little but it isn't flammable. It's shiny enough on the back that the cape won't need lining, and that makes me happy, too, and it has a nice drape. It's a little heavy but Sarah will do ok with that.

I don't do enough actual sewing to see my way to the end of this, and time is tight, so I'm just going to start and see where I go. I'm confident that I'll get to the end. Wish me luck.

No comments: