Monday, October 6, 2008

Lights Out

Today's postcard - made with yellow satin and green scraps from Aaron's frog costume,

which is coming along really nicely. Only thing is, a light bulb in my sewing machine burned out and when one light goes out they both do. I had meant to work on the hood tonight, but put it off for when I have light. And yes, I know that I'm spoiled. In case you're wondering about the newest machine in the stable, it has LED lights galore but it's off being recalibrated. Still, I'm pleased at getting this far on the costume.

This afternoon I stopped in at the Carnegie Visual and Performing Arts Center in Covington to see a show that included Kelly Jo Asbury.

Kelly's work is gorgeous, and I really enjoyed that,

but I also enjoyed thinking about the Aberdeen days when Kelly lived down the street and played with Steph and Sarah and Beth and Brian

and her dog named Buster.

Kelly's work is oil on paper.





No comments: