Monday, February 25, 2019

Land of Grant


Second band concert for the week.  It was truly amazing.  The students from various schools practiced on Friday evening and all day Saturday, then had the concert on Sunday.  How do they do that?  The conductor for middle school was from University of Cincinnati, for high school from Miami University.

It took a long time to get to the high school where the concert was held.  Apparently the counties participating were ones where the president once lived.

It was a good day for Aaron too, his basketball team won their championship.  Nice to see both kids feeling happy and accomplished.

It will be off to the grocery store for me in a bit.  I had planned to bake cakes for the church Community Meal but learned that they needed cookies as well for the lunches that people take with them.  So, a baking day for me.  Long ago I used to bake an orange cake, I'm thinking that is what I'll make.

Yesterday it was so windy all day and into the evening.  And now, cold again.

No comments: