Friday, February 8, 2019

Holding My Breath



In my email this morning was my Duke bill, so I started out my day holding my breath.  And then letting it out, $172.30.  Less than last month, and there were a few very cold days.  But then this week, some really moderate days.  In my area, Duke supplies both electric and natural gas, so the bill is total for heating, water heating, cooking, lighting, etc.  Always nice to start the day with good news.

My two new rulers were ready at Luke's this week, and I know I'm going to enjoy the Elvira ruler above.  Gentle curves.  And no, I didn't use that ruler for the quilting in front.  The orange piece is a practice piece that I keep close to the quilter for trying out different things.

Last night I went with my daughter to Nora's teacher conferences.  All good news.  We stopped at Kroger on the way home, larger and less crowded than mine.  My daughter didn't believe that I enjoyed that jaunt, but I really did, different from my evenings at home.  I had already met my goal of 6000 steps for the day, plus 1000 more, and with all the walking at the school and the store I ended up with 9000 steps.  Sorry, probably boring to you, but exciting to me.  

The rest of the story for the pink baby quilt you saw earlier in the week:  I met my quilting friend for lunch at a new restaurant and she brought the quilt.  The wait person saw it, really liked it, and wanted one for a friend's baby girl, due in April.  We worked it out that he would get a quilt and we would each get two lunches.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I'll make you feel better about your Duke bill--my oil is costing us $600 for each fill up and we are keeping the house at 64. And that does not include water or electric.

I always enjoy visiting a new to me grocery. And the story of the waitress and the baby quilt, such a lovely thing, I'm glad the two of you said yes.