Saturday, May 5, 2018

Rainy First Saturday in May


And it rained.  All day.  Aaron's baseball game was rained out.  Nora's softball team played in the rain.  And the track at the Kentucky Derby is muddy.  That's an actual track condition, muddy.

The bride dress I have been working on has gone out the door, but not yet out of my head.  Last night when I went to sleep I was dreaming about still adjusting the length.

And today, I feel anxious. Not going to the doctor anxious.  Not too-much-to-do anxious.  Not political news anxious.  Just, anxious . . .

If I could just get going, just do a few things, I might feel better.  But, for today, I feel stuck.  I'll just relax and watch those horses on that muddy track.  Admire those roses.  Hear the back stories.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Riley, our dog, has a stiffening of his vocal cords which leads to anxiety and we give him a benadryl (actually the generic ones) at every meal. Takes the edge off. Dogs can take higher doses of people medicines--so perhaps one at time of day when you usually feel anxiety starting up? See if it works.