Thursday, May 24, 2018

Penguins



Just look at all these penguins. 


Joanne sent this quilt top from Maine for our baby quilt group.  And no one can look at this baby quilt without smiling.

Yesterday morning early I worked in my front yard beds, which is actually most of my small front yard.  There is so much weeding to do, but just a little made a big difference.  And the lawn mowing guys came yesterday.  Yes, I decided this year to have someone mow my grass.  And it's actually a relief.  

No plans for the weekend, other than some grand kid ball games.  Maybe I'll do a bit of cooking, which hasn't happened much lately.  For the church potluck last week I stopped at the bakery and got a pie and a container of cookies.  Not my usual.  But, the kids loved those little cookies, so I may do that again.

I'm finding that my taste is changing.  Things that I used to enjoy don't interest me now.  Does that happen to everyone?  What I'm really loving now is mac and cheese with a thin white sauce.   

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

We are starting to sound like long separated TWINS, First the red and white sheets and now Mac and Cheese. I still use the box of Kraft but add a handful of extra pasta and then make it "soupy" with extra milk.
I eat it like soup. In a bowl with a soup spoon. Loved reading this!!!!!!

I am going to express an opinion that this "change" is due to your not feeling well for so long. It changes how we see ourselves and right now, you are being "protective" of yourself. Noticing where and how you want to spend the energy you have. Not baking cookies. Noticing the kids liked the cookies you purchased. Being okay with that.