Saturday, May 19, 2018

Day Before Penecost


Tomorrow is Pentecost, so I've just finished working on a "flame" church banner.  It will be interactive, with children adding flames, the ones you see in piles at the bottom with bits of velcro so they will stick well.  At the top, though, no one can reach, so I fused flames there.  Those flames also add a bit of shape.    Fingers crossed that there will be lots of children adding their flames.  By lots, I mean at least ten or twelve.

I got up at 7:00 this morning to finish the banner and to watch the royal wedding.  What I really wanted to see was the dress, but I found that I enjoyed the ceremony, with the black bishop's sermon and his MLK references.  When the bride walked herself down the aisle it made a stunning statement.  And "This Little Light of Mine,"  amazing.

I hope our president can refrain from tweeting about the size of the crowd waiting on the streets. 

No comments: