Saturday, December 12, 2015

Festival of Lights


Sometimes you just have to take my word for it.  This is my family at the Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo.

We've been there numerous times before, but never when the temperature was so mild and it was actually very enjoyable to stroll around.  This weekend's visitors were advised to come early or late in an attempt to manage what are expected to be record crowds.

There are lights everywhere, and people are happy.  At the large pond, the music of the year is the Star Wars theme, and lights flash to the music.

On the way home from work today and stopped at the grocery for some seasonal beers and I found Braxton Storm, which isn't really seasonal but is brewed in nearby Covington.  Very nice.  Of course, I have to sample now and then, and my favorite so far is Sixth West Christmas Ale, brewed in Lexington.  I really love the craft beers.

No comments: