Saturday, November 8, 2014

New Project


The free Viking design this month is a cd case, with pockets for seven cd's.  The houndstooth and red polka dot pockets alternate.  You can download the embroidery design and instructions here :    http://new.husqvarnaviking.com/en-US/Be-Inspired/Inspiration

Steph cooked a pre-Thanksgiving turkey last night and Aaron called me to let me know that the dog ate the heart and the gizzard.  Big news.

I am thinking that one more yard cleaning will do it - the leaves are almost gone now.  One of my goals for the year was to have the yard and beds clean at the end of the season - put to bed as Joanne says.  I know it will make things much easier in the spring and I'll be able to plant earlier.

Someone said to me this week that she is looking forward to the winter months when she can be in her studio and just SEW.  No yard work or other outside distractions.  I'm a little conflicted about that, but I can feel the attraction.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...


g has been hard at work with the leaves and the fall application of lime for the grass. I am well into winter at work with holiday boxes of greens and pinecones. the wreaths should arrive soon and we'll be wiring them up with pinecones, berries and a red bow.

My hands are covered in pitch.

We are having a mild day here so I hope the people who took my class last weekend got some "to bed" chores done today.