Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Feeling Grateful


The past few days have been spent making lined curtains and cushions for a friend's kitchen.  I have to admit that I'm pleased with the way they turned out.  I used a walking foot for the curtains, which was a good call.  Much easier to keep things squared and straight.  And I love, love, love my piping foot.  Of course, you know that I love whatever foot is on my sewing machine.

And now, oh joy, I have the rest of the afternoon free of sewing jobs.  I'm totally caught up.  Well, except for little curtains for my sister, but so far I've not been able to find the little vintage homespun checks that she needs for the museum where she works. Oh, and a couple of work projects, but there is time for those.

I've promised myself a little white Christmas tree in my office that's turned into half office, half overflow sewing room.  I think this afternoon will be the time for that.  And for making some banana bread.  Finishing up the tiny dab of laundry that's left, then that will be all caught up too.

On this week before Thanksgiving, I'm feeling very grateful.

No comments: