Sunday, January 27, 2013

McTavishing Update


I think I'm starting to get this.  I'm using it to quilt a baby quilt (grand baby quilt) for my friend Bev.  Probably 80% finished. 

What's working for me:
* make the swoops very swoopy
* not all the echos need to come all the way to a point, it's better to taper and end up a little before the point
* don't stop in the middle of a line, just keep going.  It's better to have the line in not quite the right place than to have it a little jagged because of starting and stopping

The quilting in the picture was done at the 40% finished point, and I can tell a difference between then and now.  I've used an entire prewound bobbin to this point.  There was a time, at around the 50% finished point when I started to despair that I'd never get it right, but I'm feeling better now.

I love the book I ordered but can't watch the dvd on my computer because it's older (5 years old) and doesn't have the software to play DVD's.  I'll just try on my DVD player instead.  Something to watch in the evening.  I find myself very low energy by the time evening comes.

No comments: