Friday, January 25, 2013

Corn Pudding and McTavishing


Thanks, Mike, for fixing my oven.  I got to a certain point and wimped out with the repair.  Now I have a 350 degree oven and corn pudding.  Lovely.

With Mike came the new family dog, now named Maggie.  She's a very sweet border collie mix, a re-adopt, and none of the family can figure out why anyone would take her back.  And why it took five months for the re-adopt.

I'm working on a new kind of free motion, McTavishing, mentioned in Leah Day's blog.  Why did I not come across this before?  It's a very quick fill, and once I get it mastered, will be ever so pretty.  I ordered a book, Mastering the Art of McTavishing, that comes with a DVD and I'm excited about opening it.

Here's the recipe for the corn pudding:
1 box Jiffy Cornbread
1 stick butter (low fat margarine sticks works fine)
1 cup sour cream (fat free works fine)
2 eggs
1 can creamed corn

Turn the oven to 350 degrees and place an 8 x 8 pan with the stick of butter in the oven.  Mix together everything else.  When the butter is melted, add it to the mixture, leaving the pan coated.  Add the mixture to the pan and return it to the oven.  Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the mixture is firm.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Were you fixing it yourself? Just like my ex friend Kay. She was a regular handy andy around the house. But with some things she was happy to have my husband help her. Like a new sink and a disposal. He helped install that with her.

My dad was real handy and when G was traveling for work, I would call long distance, and my dad would help me through toilet repairs and other small stuff. Something always broke when he was on a long trip. We do what we can.