Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Felt Bag


I love this felt bag from Indygo Junction, pattern IJ910.  It's made from wool blend felt, at least in a perfect world, but I used a felt from my stash that may be a wool look-alike made from recycled soda bottles.  I guess it's not important because it's no longer listed on the JoAnn website.  I used a bright pink of the same type of felt for the lining.

My co-worker Lisa did the digitizing for the embroidered circles and I used 30-weight threads.  There is a circular sewing attachment available to make circles without an embroidery machine and I'll be trying that out.  I'm sure I'll like it, I don't think I've ever used a foot that I didn't like.  Which reminds me:  the edge/joining foot is wonderful for sewing the squares together.

I'll be doing a class on making this bag next month.  In the meantime, I know I'll make another one.  Using more of my stash.

I've seen lots of mention on blogs recently about resolutions for using fabric that's already in sewing rooms and closets.  I never thought much about that before, but maybe it's time.  Maybe.   

No comments: