Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanks, Sarah

Thanks, Sarah, for the sweet plant.

If you're thinking about Thanksgiving cooking, or anytime cooking, google "A Year of Slow Cooking." I'm late coming on to the site, despite the urgings of several of my friends. And in fact, my crock pots tend to sit for months at a time, unused. I'm determined to change that, though, since I really need to cook more and better. For Thanksgiving, I'll be making the mashed potatoes recipe. So happy that my newest crockpot has a "warm" setting. How great is that?

And thinking of good stuff, I stumbled on the Private Selection edemame at Kroger yesterday when I was looking for frozen corn (for the crock pot creamed corn.) It's positively yummy, like all the Private Selection brands I've tried.

Years ago, my mother tried to make us eat soybeans from the field, and brats that we were, we wouldn't touch them. I really, really don't think they were anything like these.



No comments: