Thursday, November 17, 2011

Here We Go Again

So very recently, July 29 to be exact, I bought a new iron for my studio. And yesterday, when I was pressing this block, the iron suddenly started to scorch the fabric and smoke started pouring out of the iron. This morning, it wouldn't heat at all.

So once again, I have a new iron. I know I'm rough on irons in that I have them on for hours at a time, sometimes, but a lifetime of four months? That's crazy - it's not like I buy the cheapest one. Quite fortunately, I have the sales slip and original box from the July iron and have started the warranty process, but I just can't do without an iron. Besides, in some perverse way, I think that the fact that there is another iron waiting will make my new iron last for years.

As for the quilt block, the scorch marks are actually kind of nice for what I'm doing, so there's nothing lost there. Could have been a lot worse.

No comments: