Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Election Day

Nora was out of school for election day, and we got to spend the day together. (Side note: the school levy in her district didn't pass, and the vote wasn't even particularly close. Ugh.)

While I was working with my current project, she spent some time admiring scraps and threads and ended up choosing the threads she liked to go with some sew-off squares. I need to make something for her with those.


After we voted (she put the ballot in the machine) we headed down to Newport on the Levee for some lunch at Tom and Chee.



She wanted the grilled cheese salad with grilled cheese croutons. For myself, I ordered the grilled cheese sandwich with potato chips in it, just because I was curious and because I thought a child might be intrigued. Nope. She wasn't a bit interested, but loved her salad. That's my girl.



We went to Barnes and Noble and got a book - a Sponge Bob Squarepants book, to the dismay of her mom. We read it while waiting for the Duck. The Duck was her choice over the Aquarium - pictures later. Good choice, who would have believed that we could have such lovely Duck weather on November 8. We can always go to the Aquarium during the winter.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a fun day. The grilled cheese salad ounds delicious. I like Nor's thread/fabric square choices.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Me too - what Sarah said!
Janice :)