Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Best Boy

On Saturday, my best boy and I spent the afternoon together. His first request was to sew, so we made a sweet tiny Christmas quilt with Santa and John Deere's on the back. His second was to go to the library, so we did that too. Got to do that one now, since in a couple of weeks my library will be closed for a whole month for renovations.



Then we played on my back porch, which he always enjoys, and took a walk to the park at the end of the street. Not much of a park, really, but he has the most fun walking on the curb on the way up, pretending that there is water on one side and "poison idy" on the other. Danger on both sides. He took the precious quilt with him.



On the way back we admired these fake deer in someone's yard. My neighbors say that there is a huge buck that is coming down from the park at night, but I haven't seen it yet.


I thought Aaron might want to go out of eat, or at least pick up a Happy Meal, but no, he wanted to "cook at home." I made grilled cheese but what he really enjoyed was peanut butter on whole wheat crackers. Nora loves those too. Got to remember to get their mom a box of those crackers.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great time. Are those his new boots he is wearing?
Sarah