Monday, August 30, 2010

End of August

August 30. It's a busy end to a much-anticipated but somehow less than hoped for summer. I think the relentless hot days have had much to do with that. Not much pleasant outdoor time. Evenings driving home in my un-airconditioned truck. Nights like this one, when it's still in the 80's even though it's 9:00. Too hot for the garden. But, like summer should be, it's been a time of waking up to daylight and of daylight stretching out into the evenings. I love that.

Sunday I hung this church banner after the service so it could be ready for a series starting next Sunday.


Aaron's birthday Raggedy Andy now needs only clothes to be complete for his birthday. With 13 days to go, I'm sure to have it finished. Actually, I'd love to have it finished tomorrow night. It feels just a little strange - for two years the fabric and pattern have decorated my studio and now it's no longer a decoration. That's what I love about creating - ending up with something that wasn't there before.

Here's the almost-three year old birthday guy. He and I had a conversation last night when he was driving this car, driving away after hitting his sister. I told him that we don't hit, and he said, yes we do. I had to amend that to "I don't like it when you hit."



Here's the sister of the conversation, ready to go to kindergarden in a very short time. She has some pretty clothes, some awesome boots, for school. And, notice Aunt Sarah, a helmet on her head. She told me it's about time for her training wheels to come off. She's growing so fast, just like her brother. Every time I see them, I'm amazed.





No comments: