Friday, August 20, 2010

Leaves

This little wallhanging was made with the Anita Goodesign Leaves collection. The dimensional leaves are embroidered on organza, no stabilizer, then cut around the edges. The tiny bit of remaining organza was burned off with my Creative Textiles heating tool. The outlines were embroidered directly on the quilt.

I'd always wanted to make a little quilt by pulling little pieces of left-over fabric from my basket and stitching them together. My basket is pretty full and it wasn't hard to find some colors I wanted. I just stitched a couple of fabrics together and trimmed them up. Very easy, very fun.

I've enjoyed five days of knowing that my old washer is gone and that there will be no more wet basement floor. Last night, however, my toilet started to gurgle when the bathroom sink drained and now seems to be hopelessly clogged. For no reason. And my camera is acting funny. And my printer has suddenly and mysteriously stopped printing.

And I'm just one person. What if there were multiple persons in my house with multiple plumbing options and multiple electronics? Would everything ever be working at the same time? At least, for my camera, I have a protection plan. I think that normally they're a bad idea, but I have very bad luck with cameras.

No comments: