Friday, June 25, 2010

Postcard Exchange

I was once in an internet postcard exchange and that was fun, but this is better. It's a postcard exchange from members in my quilt guild, and it's all the better getting postcards from people I know. We get cards in our birthday month, usually, and this month it was my turn.

I used to try making a postcard every day, when I wasn't working, and tried out lots of new techniques. It had been awhile, though. Awhile since I've tried new things, too. Time to start that again.

I've decided that while machine embroidery is enjoyable, it isn't my first passion in the sewing world. Art quilting is, followed by sewing little practical pretties. I don't know why it took me so long to realize that. Maybe it's because I love my embroidery machine so much and I really, really like software.
I've moved my regular sewing machine and computer downstairs during these hot days since the upstairs just heats up too much. Maybe if I were usually here in the daytime, I'd try to air condition upstairs but for now it's just easier to move things. Where I'm going with this is, it will be interesting to see what comes downstairs and stays. A little ironing board and an iron are already here.
It's an old iron, though, because I need to get a new iron with a non-stick soleplate. Four years seems to be my limit with them. And maybe no wonder since I turn them on and off numerous times throughout the day. Probably this weekend, I'll find a new one. It's got to have the nonstick sole plate though. Wonder Under and SteamASeam come right off, and I use lots of those. Also, things that accidentally melt are easy to remove. I'm not a fan of cleaning the iron bottom.

No comments: