Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Fil-In # 181

Happy Friday, everyone. Here are the Friday Fill-Ins. Answers are in bold.

1. It isn't quite 6:58 yet, but I've already had a shower and baked a loaf of cinnamon bread. Washed dishes. And felt grateful for this day.

2. It was the reason, of course, why the ice cream tasted so good. Talking about Graeter's method of making ice cream 2 1/2 gallons at a time. Took the kids last night. Strawberry for Aaron and chocolate chip for Nora. I wonder whether good ice cream is wasted on kids, but I don't think so. Even little ones should be exposed to really good tastes. There was quite a crowd at Graeter's last night.

3. Shopping for fun is something I no longer feel the need to do. I'd rather be at home making something.

4. I have another errand to run (laundry) then I'll get to work on the apron I'm making. I'm not following the directions, exactly, they're kind of vague anyway, but this apron is going to be pretty. All of a sudden, patterns for pretty aprons are everywhere.

5. I know that organization is kicking around here somewhere - I need to just go find it. Things in logical places. A schedule for doing things. Yesterday I was in line at Kroger's behind someone who had her coupons in a binder - and she used lots of them. That kind of organization eludes me - I wouldn't know where to start. And there's always the fear that if I was that organized I'd sacrifice my creativity.

6. What were once vices have largely disappeared from my town. Gambling, dancing girls, prostitutes, after-hours liquor sales. One of these weekends I want to to on the walking tour of places where these things happened.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to picking up a veggie sandwich from the Newport Pizza Company then dyeing the fabric to finish Helen's quilt, tomorrow my plans include working, then stopping at the bookstore and coming home to put the borders on the quilt, and Sunday I want to celebrate with family.

No comments: