Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cincinnati to Asheville

When I'm giving sewing lessons, I often point out the reinforced straight stitch and tell people that it's good for making corn hole bags. Everyone around here seems to understand that. It was always kind of hypothetical with me, though, because I've never made them.

This weekend Sarah and Winnie are planning a party in Asheville and a request came for corn hole bags. Sarah is working on making the rest of the set. So . . . after a false start with fabric that was wonderfully on sale but most likely too light, I have some corn hole bags that seem to meet the criteria. I'm sending them empty with a little filling hole and Sarah will put in the corn and (gasp!) sew the hole shut. The "gasp!" is because Sarah doesn't often willingly pick up a needle.

On to you, Sarah. They're heading out this morning.

No comments: