Saturday, June 19, 2010

Oh, My

For the past week, I've been studying my back-yard flower bed, wondering why almost all the plants have been chomped. I've thought "deer" in the back of my mind, but I live in the city. I mean, I REALLY live in the city. I thought about squirrels, but thought that surely they couldn't do so thorough a job. Bugs? There would have to be a lot of them. Puzzling.


Tonight I turned the corner into my neighborhood and there was a probable culprit, lollygalling around, enjoying the evening, in no hurry at all to move on. And now I'm really thinking "deer."




As I turned the corner on to my street, the sight in the rear view mirror was of the deer, crossing the street and coming my way. Who would have thought?

I know that deer in the neighboring town are such a nusiance that bow-and-arrow hunting is permitted at certain times. But I live on the downtown side of that community and a couple of miles from the river at that. Not sure that there are flowers in my future in that backyard bed. The interesting thing is that the front yard flowers are untouched. Guess the back yard is more sheltered and delicious.

No comments: