Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Fill-In # 179

Friday Fill-Ins on a sunny Friday morning.

1. The Smokies is my favorite place to travel to. Lots of hiking trails, beautiful scenery, sun-dappled roads. Waterfalls. Roaring creeks. Trips to down for supplies or shopping. Campfires. And next week I'll be there.

2. When I think about my childhood I often remember when my siblings were born. I'm the oldest, my older brother is five years younger than me, my sister is ten years younger, my younger brother was twelve years younger. Back in the day, having a baby meant a long hospital stay even for a normal delivery. I think my mother stayed ten days for me, seven days for the others. Followed by help at home by my grandmother. Different times.

3. Common interests and shared times makes for a good friend. A generous spirit. A happy disposition. A willingness to try new things. Creativity doesn't hurt either.

4. The wind in the trees, the rain on my skin, is a nice feeling on a hot day. During the winter, with a cold rain, not so much.

5. A night at the ball park is so exciting. Even if it's a slow game, there's lots going on off the field. A few home runs by the home team followed by some fireworks doesn't hurt either.

6. My best friend knows that sometimes I need time by myself to recharge my energy stores. I'm a classic introvert.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to more gardening (it's starting to look good,) tomorrow my plans include working with maybe a stop at the bookstore on my way home, and Sunday I want to swap out the banners at church then get my camping things ready.

Happy weekend, everyone.

No comments: