Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lemons, Tomatoes, and Roses

The lemons are on a work project, Martha Pullen designs, napkin on the left, placemat on the right. Wonderfully easy mitered corners.

Finally, finally, I've got my front yard flower/vegetable bed laid out. I'm a fan of the mulch over topsoil over cardboard way of making beds, so much easier. Only thing is, it takes about six months for the sod to break down and get soft, so only the little portion of my bed that I laid out last fall is actually usable now. Even as is, though, it's an improvement and I now longer have to mow so much of the slope which is a nice bonus. I'm very excited.

In another bed, an heirloom tomato that reseeded. I always leave a few tomatoes on the ground and hope for the best. It's either Black Karim or Sungold, we'll wait and see.

And in yet another bed, a new yellow rose bush. I love rose bushes, not the hybrid teas but the sprawling ones, and want to plant lots.

In case you're wondering, it wasn't misty in my neighborhood this morning. I think I had a two-year-old fingerprint on the lens. If you're going to have a fingerprint on the lens, that's the very best kind to have.


No comments: