Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Quilt to Work On

During the Christmas season I started this quilt for my friend Helen to give to her friend Jack. The concept was that it would be a Christmas gift, but that wasn't to be.


I've gotten as far as putting the background fabrics in place, which for me is the hardest part. The next step is to join them together with a little zig zag stitch, then add a little more mountain in the back with thread painting.

The little stream will continue in a larger version with lots of rocks and will have Jack fishing in the lower right corner.




Helen supplied me with several pictures that I'm working from. Jack originally saw a quilt at Tamarack in West Virgina that he really liked, hence the idea. I'm excited, hope it turns out well.

I'm making red beans and rice for New Years Eve. Not a tradition, it just sounded good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it will turn out great ! I've seen what you can do !!! It's so amazing to me !
Speaking of what you can turn out, I love the beautiful table cloth you made for Don & myself ! It goes so well with the lovely, festive napkins that you made for us last year ! How sweet of you ! I know how busy you were getting everything accomplished in time for Christmas ! I was very happily surprised & delighted !Thank you, Janice