Friday Fill-Ins. Check here to get in on the fun.
1. No, we will NOT get all in a panic about the little bit of snow coming tomorrow. Yes, I WILL clean the leaves off the steps so there won't be a seasonal combination of leaves and snow.
2. Probably we all have memories of sitting down at the old kitchen table. My parents' table was yellow formica. When I moved into the house I live in now, I asked in the sales contract for a little red formica table with matching chairs. Since the house was part of an estate, the owners agreed. The little table lives with Sarah in North Carolina now. Oh, and my sister recently reminded me that our grandmother's table legs were made from wooden spools, probably from the local glove factory where she once worked.
3. I watched the steam rising from the cup of hot coffee (or tea) and thought, "What's up with this, I don't drink coffee or tea." Maybe the occasional decaf - I guess that's what it was.
4. Despite the loss of Chris Henry, the Cincinnati Bengals are going to be ok. I felt sad all day today thinking about how that young man with little children was so suddenly and violently gone. And feeling reminded how just a quick decision in life can change everything.
5. I'll take each day from now 'til Christmas as it comes and enjoy the making and the baking and the cooking and I'll think about my friends and family. And I'll celebrate the Winter Solstice, coming so soon, when the earth changes direction and we go toward the light. I'm planning on taking lunch for my work colleagues that day to celebrate.
6. It looks a little more hopeful, at least from my point of view. I didn't see the previous president even acknowledge global climate change.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to drawing more of the design for Helen's quilt, tomorrow my plans include working, then threading my serger with red and green, and Sunday I want to go to either the aquarium or the museum center.
Happy Friday, everyone.