Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 150

Friday Fill-Ins. Answers are in bold.

1. The last band I saw live was at a Berea convocation. I miss those convocations, the speakers, the music, the plays. Good stuff. I knew I'd miss them, and I do.

2. What I look forward to most on Thanksgiving is a good meal with everyone relaxing and enjoying themselves. Parades in the morning, football in the afternoon, lots of good, good food. People taking time to think about being grateful.

3. My Christmas shopping is about half finished. I know I've made lots of things and I hope I'll be happy when I get them all out. I'm looking at a pretty little quilt right now, finished last February.

4. Thoughts of feeling better fill my head. This has been a sick last two weeks, but through it all I've been so grateful.

5. I wish I could wear strappy little shoes. Flip flops. But I can wear hiking boots and that's just as good, most likely better.

6. Bagpipes always remind me of a winter funeral I attended years ago. At the end, as people were filing out of the church, bagpipes were playing Amazing Grace. So mournful.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to more rest, tomorrow my plans include going to work for the first time in two weeks, and Sunday, I want to get my hair cut. I'm way, way past due.

Happy Friday, everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you're better, but you should go slow, not over do, for a few days as you get your strength back! Hope you can ! Also hope you enjoy yourself !
Janice