Friday, May 8, 2009

Little Quilt Finished

It seems that my original art quilts are too far apart these days, so I'm especially grateful for this one.

It's done on canvas, something new for me. I traced my photograph, then traced it onto the canvas, using a light box. I brushed on the blue, yellow, and pink, then wiped much of it off. I painted faces, skin and hair then free-motioned hair, shoes, and socks.

Free motion quilting, beading, and trimming finished it up. I left a small border of batting showing. The backing is on upside down so the right side shows on the border.
What I really like: the movement
What I really don't like: the faces. I did them with a fine marker but wish I'd left them blank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like you did a good job ! The yellow swirl in the center does give the appearance of motion.
How'd it go with our little guy? Where was Nora?
Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Janice