Saturday, May 16, 2009

April Journal Quilt

One of my goals this year was to make a journal quilt for every month. It's turned out that I like using little remembrances and scraps from projects. Just don't tell me that I haven't done March's yet, I know that. Here's April's, though.

Starting at the bottom is a little designation for Steph's decade birthday, stamped on the fancy linen that I used for a bag. The rabbits are from the Easter card from my sister, and I think I used the pink/green fabric as a lining for another bag.

The red patchwork with batting is scraps from a potholder and I used a blue stamp pad to color the white batting edges. There's ivony linen at the top, stamped with "SUNSHINE" because there finally was some spring sunshine and "DREAMS" because I was sick during April and had all kinds of dreams.

The peace dove is embroidery from a stole I made for the church pastor and I accidentally made this one facing the wrong way. The shimmery fabric was used during Advent and Lent for church wallhangings. The 3D shimmery stuff represents spring clouds and, once again, dreams.

The piece is 8 1/2" x 11".


P.S. Did anyone see that supergirl win the Preakness? The first filly since 1924 to win that race. And Calvin Borel is one heck of a happy jockey. Black-eyed susans for him this time.

2 comments:

Clara said...

That's really neat. Do you write up what everything means so you don't forget later on? I've never heard of a journal quilt before. I think it's a great idea.

Anonymous said...

l ike it.
Janice