Thursday, May 14, 2009

Friday Fill-In # 124

For this Friday Fill-In, Janet chose quotes having to do with spring. Since I know none of them, I just answered in my own way.

1. If we had no winter, we'd miss the first lesson in longing.

2. Creativity is a perpetual astonishment. Where there was nothing before, something appears.

3. If I had my life to live over I'd go to grad school or professional school a lot younger. When I graduated from college most of us didn't look beyond that. I'm sure I appreciated it more when I was older, though.

4. Your whole life can change inside of four and twenty hours. I'll bet it happens to most of us.

5. If you'd never been thrilled, come to Kings Island and ride the coasters. Come to think of it, it's been years since I've been there.

6. To be interested in the changing seasons is to have a glimpse of the spiritual side of yourself.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to coming home and reading (Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry - a great read,) tomorrow my plans include getting off work at 5, and Sunday I want to go out to lunch with my church friends. In other words, no real weekend plans yet, but I know I'll think of something.

Happy Friday, everyone.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your answer to number one, well all of your answers, really, and thank you for reminding me of King's Island. I haven't been there since I was in college, in the 80's or so, but it is a glorious amusement park.

Yvonne said...

Have a great weekend!

Julie said...

Have fun, love your blog!

i'm babie said...

i definitely agree with number 4.

Mariposa said...

I love your fill-ins...very much!

I couldn't agree more with your #1 and #4...well all, but those two are so striking for me!

Happy Friday!


Mariposa's Friday Fill-Ins

marites said...

#1 is so wise. I'll have to agree with #4. Sometimes, things can affect your lifetime in a split second. have a happy weekend!

A Girl Named Me said...

#4 is so true! We never know what is going to happen to change our path.

I see you're in Newport - I grew up across the river in Cincinnati. Newport has changed so much! (For the definite good.)

xoxo

Hazel said...

I love your no. 6 :-) Happy weekend.

Paula said...

Ah #1 is so true...but I can live without it

Autumn said...

Happy weekend! :)

Billy Rhythm said...

I'd like to go for my Maters too. If I could find someone to pay for it, I'd like to get my M.Div. Oh, and Sunday dinner with friends is a "must do" every weekend!

Clara said...

It's been many years since I've been to King's Island. It was the first place I ever rode a coaster that went upside down. Thanks for stopping by my brand new meme blog!