Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hey, Sarah, Are You There?

Today's postcard

Hey, Sarah, are you there?

My daughter Sarah always gives me good artistic advice when I need it - and I need it. My quilt needs some help in the form of a little shaping, but shaping's tricky - too much and there's nothing left. Sarah, what do you think?


A few hours ago, I was in the hatin' it phase, then I cut a little more, and it's a little better. I don't want to put it out for class discussion because the instructor told us to not try curves and of course I did. It's not my fault - I had my angular design all ready but the quilt said it wanted to be curvy. Yelled, actually. It also said it wanted to be free motion stitched, which surely wasn't my first thought. This quilt has a mind of its own.

Sarah said try this.

And then this. I appreciate the technology that makes this back-and-forth possible.
Doing the cutting is nerve wracking. But the quilt looks better now. Thanks, Sarah.

No comments: