Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pansies at Fountain Square

Today's postcard - Shiva paintstick on fabric - hurray, I finally tried it.

Fountain Square in Cincinnati has a wonderful pansy display in the area that held the skating rink in the winter.

I wonder what happens to all those pansies when the display is over. Pansies often winter over but die out during the summer so I can't imagine that they replant them.

It must be warm to stay - the fountain's turned on.

Around the corner are still more pansies in a smaller bed.

Since I'm a big fan of pansies, I was loving the sheer numbers of them here. I was there at lunchtime and the whole area was filled with people eating lunch outside and enjoying the sunshine.




1 comment:

Jane said...

I LOVE the pansy photos Connie! I looked to see if they had any in town today for sale.. nothing. I thought they would, since they take cold so well... guess I'll have to wait.. but thanks for sharing all the lovely pansy beds from your outing!!!! Do you like the Shiva Sticks?? Your postcard looks great!