Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Design Wall

Today's postcard

Last fall I was figuring out how to do a design wall. After a couple of trips to Lowe's, I decided on a piece of peg board for the base, 4 feet by 4 feet. It was sturdier than foam insulation board and I decided I'd watch for a sale on flannel to cover it.


I never saw white flannel, and I wasn't really happy with that idea because it wouldn't quite cover the board and there would be sewing involved. I know, I sew every day, what's one seam, but that was my thinking, plus I was thinking that I'd need to use some batting for padding.

Finally this weekend I hit on the easiest solution ever, using white fleece. It comes in 60" widths, is nice and cushy, and there's always lots at Hancock's. I turned the extra to the back and clipped the edges with clothespins. Maybe there will be those cute little clips after my next trip to the dollar store.


I'm happy. I have a board that can be moved from place to place if I rearrange, was inexpensive, and pieces of fabric stick like they should. You'll no longer see pieces of brown pegboard behind my pictures. Hooray all around.


1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi Connie, So sorry I have been AWOL... This is a great idea for a desighn wall, looks like it may work better than others I've seen... clip barretts for kids might work around the edges too, (just a suggestion).. looks like spring has arrived for you !!! I'm so jealous.. can't wait to wash the coats and put them away.