Sunday, January 22, 2017

Steps in the March


Yesterday I marched in the Cincinnati Sister March of the Women's March.  It was amazing, it was invigorating, it was hard sometimes.

For me, it wasn't a President Trump protest, let me make that clear.  I respect the presidency.  It was something different, something much bigger in my heart.

I marched because I have a granddaughter and I love her with all my heart.  I want her to live in a peaceful world with clean air.  I want her to live in a world that respects people of all colors, all religions, her LGBTQ brothers and sisters.  I want her to have health care and reproductive choices.  I want her to live in a world with good public education at all levels,  I want her to have equal pay for equal work.  I want her world to respect people with disabilities.  And I want her to respect.  And I hope that one reason she will respect is because that’s the kind of world she sees in me.  That’s why I marched.  Maybe a whole world is too much to ask for, I don’t know.  But I can ask for a country, that’s not too much to march for.

No comments: