Monday, August 31, 2015

Pink


This is another try at using an inprov quilt using pieces in my stash.  Once again, I used 2 1/4" strips, alternating random length pink prints with random length pink Kona.  I kept sewing until I had about a 30-yard strip, which I sewed together jelly roll race fashion.  I usually make my NICU quilts 30" x 36", and I had about 10 inches of horizontal strips left over.

Next up, blue.  And then I'm thinking alternating blue and pink prints.

Other than that, I haven't been making much.  Last week was a bit of a break, but it's been hot upstairs in my Cape Cod house.  

I try to live in the moment and enjoy the moment, but I have to admit that I've been dreaming of fall weather with open windows.  This week is going to be hot, though, and I'm thinking that it might be a good week to put blacktop dressing on my driveway.  We'll see about that

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

Absolutely---times a gazillion--LOVE this new strip thing you are trying.
Other than a baby quilt I think this would make me happy as a placemat.
Would love to see it in shades of indigo dyed scraps.

My upstairs is hot also. And work is hot. And the garden is hot.
But pretty soon it's going to be dark and cold. So--Hot is good.