Wednesday, August 5, 2015

North Carolina Arboretum


Of course I love the North Carolina Arboretum because Winnie and Sarah work there,


but I also love it because it's so wonderful.


I was amazed by the clean walkways, the new banners, the lovely planters, and the beds without weeds.  How do they do all that, day after day?

There were also quilt and silk painting displays to admire.


After the Arboretum, we went to Tupelo Honey for brunch.  With fluffy biscuits and fried green tomatoes, not pictured.  I didn't read the menu well and got this pretty piece of Canadian bacon under the poached eggs.  It was easy enough to slip out and ended up in Winnie's dad's go box with his extra chicken, for another dinner.  And I'm wondering, why aren't my poached eggs that nice looking at home?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are really pretty eggs. I love your Arboretum pictures.
Sarah

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Maybe, just maybe, I don't poach mine long enough.