Thursday, August 20, 2015

Feed the Hungry


I took this from one of my friends' facebook posts.  Thanks, Diana and Kissing Fish.

I am so tired of all the religion/politics debates. When did religion and politics become so enmeshed again in this country?  Didn't we settle that in the very beginning?

When I think about all the money to be spent on politics in the months to come, I feel overwhelmed and sad.  So many things will be misrepresented.  And then there is all the "news" that is more commentary than news.  

I feel like I can't just let this happen, but I feel very small.  I guess that next time my church sends around a plea for helpers at Community Meal I'll sign up.  I don't know what else to do.


1 comment:

Joanne S said...

I've decided to look at the run up to the conventions as a "joke of the day" contest
I wait, listen and when one of the comments makes me say OMG--I have a "winner"
and I stop listening for the remainder of that day.

Right now I am disgusted with the Subway spokesman.

And still amazed Trump's hair stays in place.
We are seeing Trump bumper stickers on Massachusetts
cars here in Maine.