Friday, September 20, 2013

Completed Bag


You know those uncompleted projects that live at your house, sewing or not, that just suck the energy out of you every time you see them?  Pictures to hang, plants to put in the ground, grout to replace, touch-up paint.  And the sewing projects.

For the past couple of weeks, I've added a line to my journaling:  goal for today.  That usually means something that I've put off, something easy, most likely, that gives me a negative feeling whenever I see it.  Sometimes it's a piece of a larger goal, like cleaning the basement.

At my house, sewing projects often live on the floor, taking up room I don't have.  So, I'm really glad to have this bag finished.  My goal for today.  I don't even know when I started it, maybe before last Christmas.  Then, I ran out of thread for awhile, then just stopped at the point where it was time to sew things together.

It's felt, Indygo Junction IJ910.  Really, really cute, sort of granola, two matching pockets inside.  One of my favorite patterns, so there's no reason why this one took so long.

I love the new bare spot on my floor.   

No comments: